Nothing like a good wallow in a warm mud pool...gross! These two crack me up.
We spent almost the entire day at our favorite beach down at the lake with Karen, Thomas and Laura. It was such a fun day. Luke told me today that every day we need to go somewhere and that way we won't get into any trouble. He reminded me that the last day we spent at home I got really mad at everyone. I did. Ruthy spilled an entire can of soda pop in the pantry, I got mad and yelled. Luke put weed eater gas/oil in the lawn mower, I got mad. (Which I now feel really bad about, he was mowing the lawn for me and just trying to be helpful, poor kid.) I made the kids read for a whole hour that day, they got mad. (Reading is something we are trying to be really good at doing this summer, so far it's been like pulling teeth around here.) I guess some days are good and some days are bad but it is true that if we go somewhere fun it's a good day. Maybe reading should be the ticket to getting out of the house... I'll have to give it a try.
No comments:
Post a Comment