....I'm not still stuck in a book coma. I got over that a few days ago. ;) Just kidding, the real reason I haven't been posting pictures is because my camera has, yet again, bit the dust. I need to take it in and see if anything can be done for the poor thing, it had tiny little sticky fingers get a hold of it. Thank goodness it was just an inexpensive point and shoot. Someday when I'm old enough to take care of things I will get a nice one. For now all I've got are our phones. Jeremy's phone takes pretty good pictures. My phone makes calls and sends texts. It also gets dropped on a regular basis and so someday when I'm old enough to take care of...well you get the point. So most pictures have to wait till Jeremy is around and I can steal his phone.
Life lately according to Jeremy's phone.
Little Ruth turned 18 months awhile back. When I took her in for her well check she weighed a whoppin' 19.5 lbs. She's a tiny little stubborn thing. |
18 month birthday cup cake in the tub tub.
This is our part-time pet. Luke and his friend found this scorpion a few months ago while ice fishing and it has been living back and forth between their houses. He looks ginormous in this picture but he is only about the size of a quarter. We turn on the kid's black light at night and he glows bright green, it's really cool. He eats spiders, not so cool. I found a big spider out by the porch awhile back and we put him in with the scorpion. Later that night I happened to be walking by at the exact moment the scorpion attacked the spider. He was grabbing it by two legs with it's pincher's and then stung it with his tale. The spider instantly curled into a ball and died. Pretty horrifying! I have never felt bad for a spider like I did that night. I think it's time to release the creepy thing back into the wild...far far way!
Back to my book coma days. Karen and Sarah came over for a movie night while Jeremy was out of town. We made November Cakes and watched the dumbest chick flick. "So many stories! So many stories!" ;)
The cakes were pretty good, like sweet honey orange rolls. I think they would have been even better eaten while riding a capaill uisce along the beach. Here's the recipe if you ever want to try them out, by the author herself:


Our sweet little horse Karo died last month. I went back and found this picture of her doing what she loved most...soaking up as much attention as she could. She was always good and weaseling her way into being brushed or pet. She was sweeter than Karo Syrup and we all loved her.

A long day of fishing.
More hockey fun.
Playing in the sink.
Jeremy got a great deal on this dream tent of his. We are hoping to use the heck out of it this summer.
Cheeseburger night
Easter morning. Luke hoped the Easter Bunny would hide all the eggs really really hard this year. I think he did a pretty good job, just the other day Ava spotted a plastic egg up on the ceiling fan.
For April Fools day I made "chocolate chip cookie dough" to eat for dinner. The kids were so excited until they took that first bite and realized it was mashed potatoes and black beans.
Ruthy napping with Daddy. She loves to sleep on him, even if it's in the middle of Home Depot up on his shoulders.:)
We spent Spring Break doing our usual Hotel-water-slide with Grandma Barker, Rice and Emmy. One of our favorite things to do. Thanks Rice and Grandma, we had a blast!Ava was FINALLY tall enough to ride the big water slide!!!
Ruthy doing her "chicken wing" dance.
We rode the train over to City Creek and Temple Square.
That night Luke and Jeremy went to a Jazz game and us girls went to a hockey game with Rice And Grandma Barker.
And last but not least is little Ruth making sure we are all kneeling and folding our arms for night time prayer.


1 comment:
I love these picture updates. I'm sorry your not still in a "book coma". Now that I'm back we need to go riding...really fast...at night...on the cliffs...overlooking the ocean.
And just for the record, I was against that awful chick-flick from the beginning :)
"I love your laugh. I want to hear it again."
"Then tell me a joke!"
...........LAME!
"So many stories."
Next time I'm picking the movie ;)
Post a Comment