Monday, March 4, 2013

Winter Happenings

 Giant ice cycles make pretty awesome guns.

 This winter's snow sculpture down the road, was Cinderella. It's fun to walk over and see what he creates each snow storm...this year he was busy.  After Cinderella melted he made a Superman.

For our Super Bowl party this year we made hot wings with blue cheese dip, and 'knock you naked' brownies from the Pioneer Woman's recipes. I have Karen to thank for introducing me to Ree Drummond, the pioneer woman, her show and blog and children's books, 'Charlie the Ranch Dog', are so cute. All of the recipes I've tried from her have been really good.  I made lasagna a last week and it was wonderful! Her hot wing, dip, brownie and corn chowder recipes... all good.
 I even used my fancy bowls form my Aunt Jolie.:)


Ava had her first dance recital this year.  She danced to 'Magic Carpet Ride' and did such a great job.  Jeremy and I couldn't stop laughing at the humongous cheeser smile she flashed the entire time. The girl loves to dance.






 We got great tickets to a Grizzlie's Hockey game from Jeremy's Aunt Theresa. It was the kids first time. Ava thought it was pretty funny that grown men had to sit in timeout for fighting.:) The best part of the game, besides the good body slamming fights, was the funnel cake we all shared! Mmmmm, it was a quarter chocolate, caramel, cinnamon, and strawberry.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

:)Grown men sitting in time out for fighting - that one cracked me up.
I haven't been to a good hockey game in ages.