Monday, March 4, 2013

Snow Fun!

 Good times, good friends, lots of snow.  Best weekend ever!  It was all planned out when these three friends spent a Saturday morning ice fishing.  After some checking, lots of packing and grocery shopping we headed up north to Kodi's Family's cabin.  It's been about 4 or 5 years since the last time we were up to this cabin.  Lava Hot Springs, Idaho is such a beautiful area. The cabin is nestled in a pine covered canyon at the top of a windy dirt road, which is THE BEST sledding hill ever! We spent our time sledding, snowboarding, fishing, eating, lounging, visiting, and best of all snowmobiling!






 Josh and Luke's first time snowboarding. They were both pretty awesome at it!

When Ava and I went sledding down the road together I would lay down on the sled and she would lay on top of me. We would get going so fast that when we hit the bumps we would go flying into the air, then hit back down hard and she would smash me so bad. I'm sure we sounded pretty funny...laughing, then screaming, them the sound of me getting the wind knocked out of me, then more laughing and more screaming. Every time we hiked back up the hill we said it was our last time, but we just kept going and going. Ava told me that on one jump "we caught 40 gallons of air!" now that's a lot of air.;)

 It all reminded me of the good old days up at Jackson Hole. Have I ever mentioned how much I love the smell of snowmobile exhaust?  Well I do...brings back the best memories.



 Ruth loved these elk. She would point at them and say "oh!" and then whinny like a horse.

 Roasting perfect golden marshmallows for s'mores.




 The kids all had so much fun. When they got to cold they just headed back to the cabin to warm up and either watch a movie or play in their "clubhouse" which was the huge loft full of mattresses to jump, climb and slide on.


 We snowmobiled down to the pond for some ice fishing. It was freezing! The guys and Luke stuck it out for awhile with no luck. The rest of us headed back to the cabin to warm up. I love the picture of Luke fishing in his helmet.
 We warmed up in the car for a little bit and chowed down on licorice.

 Cool tree house
 Exploring the darling little play house.


 Our new favorite dessert: fresh snow, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries drizzled with sweet and condensed milk. We also made a lot of snow slushies.

 We had such a wonderful time. Thanks so much Kodi and Jason!

1 comment:

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

Ok. So I was straightening my hair this morning (shocker,right?!) and I couldn't stop thinking about that funny video you posted. Holy cow that would be crappy!
Anyway we had a great time too. Maybe we should go again this weekend and take all the food we had left! Wow! I would love it if you could email me a few pics. I found my camera charger the day after we got home. I was so bugged I missed out on so many great pictures.
I love how much fun our kids have together. I hope they are friends for a long time!
My email-- :). toadylynn at gmail !