Sunday, December 9, 2012

Where have the past few months gone!?

Time never ever seems to slow down. My kids are growing up faster then I thought possible. My days disappear before I know it and usually I've only managed to get to half the things I needed to get done.  I'm pretty sure that years from now, when my kids are grown, I'll be looking around at my perfectly clean house, wishing I could trade that perfectly clean house for just a few more days with these three, just exactly like they are today.
 I'm sure I would gladly take on all of their messes and homework and all of my famous last minute dinners and the diapers and never ending laundry and messes and did I mention messes and some yelling and crying and pouting and whining....because I love them more than anything. I realize that I won't always get to enjoy these chubby little cheeks and morning snuggles and sweet kisses and toothless little grins. So I'm working on enjoying it all, the good, the bad and the grumpy... and that never-ending to do list of mine.
This picture reminds me of that Disneyland commercial that says "there are only so many family vacations and only so many toothless grins." Have you ever seen that commercial? I think it's so cute. Just look at those toothless grins up there. (I think that means it's time to go to Disneyland.:)) They really do grow up fast. Our little Ruthy turned into a TODDLER over night, Ava had her SIXTH Birthday and Luke turned EIGHT and got BAPTIZED! I have so much to catch up on!  Here's the last few months in pictures.
 Starting with SIX year old Ava...
For her birthday I let her invite a couple friends over for a 'Beauty and the Beast'-pizza-lunch-tea-party.
 

Later Rice and Grandma Barker took us all out for dinner to celebrate. 
 All Ava wanted for her birthday was a puppy nurse kit. :) Just this past week she went to the doctor and had to take her entire doctor kit with her.
Wearing a darling little apron that Nana made for Grandma Barker when she was a little girl.

Making a wish.

 Fun at Trafalga



 She entered the Reflections contest at school and won for her picture of "Magical Ballerinas"
 She's such a sweet, thoughtful, happy little girl with a big bright smile. She's a good little artist, always drawing things for people she loves. I think her favorite foods right now are probably pot stickers, nachos and anything chocolate. She loves her little Ruthy and Luke. She loves kindergarten, riding Sarah's horse for the first time all by herself, pretend cooking, reading Dick and Jane books and riding her scooter. I love that in the morning she will come snuggle with me and tell me about the dreams she had that night. Happy 6th Birthday to my Ava in the middle. We love you so much!

1 comment:

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

I loved your post. Everything about it! I love the picture of Ava making a wish, and her ballerina picture...she's really good! And, I love the new picture at the top. If you ever want a little dog to join the pack, I know where to get one! (Yep, still trying to pawn off the dog any chance I get!)
I have really been trying harder lately to enjoy everything about my life. Too many people are loosing the ones that they love, and it has really hit me that I have to cherish every moment! (I hope I get a LOT of moments...please oh please!) I'm not even close to enjoying the grumpy, cluttery, messy moments, but I'm sure trying!
And, I wish I could be more like you!!