Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What a great way to look at life...

A sweet little grandma at church shared this poem on Sunday and I can't stop thinking about it, so I thought I'd share it. Maybe you've already heard it but it's always nice to be reminded of just how blessed we all are.


    I'm Thankful
    Author Unknown

    …for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours,
    because it means I am alive.

    …for weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day,
    because it means I have been capable of working hard.

    …for my shadow that watches me work,
    because it means I am out in the sunshine.

    …for the taxes that I pay,
    because it means that I am employed.

    …for the clothes that fit a little too snug,
    because it means I have enough to eat.

    …for the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes
    because he is at home and not on the streets.

    …for the mess to clean up after a party,
    because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.

    …for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and 
    need fixing, because it means I have a home.

    …for the lady behind me in church that sings off key,
    because it means that I can hear.

    …for all the complaining I hear about the government,
    because it means that I have freedom of speech.

    …for the parking spot at the far end of the parking lot,
    because it means I am capable of walking
    and that I have been blessed with transportation.

    …for my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.

1 comment:

mom said...

Oh thats nice:)