Saturday, October 18, 2014

For Cryin' Out Loud!

Have you ever typed out an entire story only to realize that none of it saved! GRRRR! It was really great too. Just kidding, it really wasn't, it talked a lot about peeing (just for you Kodi;)) and about how great I looked being pregnant, no not really, because I don't, but enjoy this lovely picture because it's the best one of the two I ever took.
Oh, I am so annoyed! I feel like I just spent a whole night typing a paper for school and then lost the whole thing (which happened to me more then once!)  I hate computers! This why I usually only put pictures on my blog.  Excuse me while I go take one of my blood pressure pills.  Okay I will give this already annoying story one more shot...hopefully this second addition will be shorter. :)
    It all started the morning of August 15th. I went to my last doctor appointment and my blood pressure was a little high, so my doctor sent me on over to the hospital to be induced.  Six hours later we had a cute chubby baby girl! She was perfect and healthy.  I felt great and my blood pressure went back to normal.  My mom had flown in to town just the day before and watched the kids for us. The kids were happy to spend the day with Grandma Patsy and then come see Leah and then head off to spend a fun weekend down in St. George with Grandam Barker, Rice and Emmy. Jeremy and I enjoyed ordering room service (The hospital food was awesome! Who knew?) and relax with our new little baby. It was all really nice....too nice....I should have known!
      We went home on Sunday and got settled. Leah was a good little baby but like all my kids she would wake up about every two hours all night long. That's when I started noticing it.  A weird pain in my lower right rib. I remember one night I tried to sleep with an ice pack on it.
                                          Tuesday was Luke and Ava's first day of school.
 My little 4th and 2nd graders!
Jeremy and I took them to get donuts for breakfast. I felt vainly insecure about how I looked and wondered if anyone would think I was still pregnant, because I was still really huge and puffy. It was also that morning I noticed how blurry my vision was. I thought it was maybe just from lack of sleep and I even changed out my contacts when we got home, didn't help. By that night I had a pretty bad headache and a weird pulsing pain going up the back of my neck. Jeremy googled my symptoms and the first thing that pulled up was, postpartum preeclampsia.
       I called my doctor and she told me to take my blood pressure and if it was high to go on into the ER.  I did and of course it was high. My mom came out to watch the kids while Jeremy and I spent a good part of the night in the ER waiting to hear back from blood tests. They came back with elevated enzymes in my liver. Which meant inflammation or damage to cells in my liver...which was the cause of my rib pain. And it turned out that, yes, I did have postpartum preeclampsia.
      They put me on a high blood pressure medication and I felt better with in a few hours. My headaches went away, my rib stopped hurting, the pulsing in my neck went away, my vision slowly cleared up after a few days, and yes, I peed all the time! I could finally wear my wedding ring again! I just felt like myself again and it was sooo wonderful! I will never forget the day that Jeremy watched Leah and I got to take Luke, Ava and Ruthy out to a movie and dinner. It felt so good to be a "fun" mom again. We rolled down the windows and let the warm summer air blow in our faces and sang as loud as we could to our favorite songs and ran though the splash pad together.




 It's good to be back.

No comments: