Thursday, February 20, 2014

Happiest Place on Earth!


     Jeremy's Mom has been wanting to take the kids to Disneyland for years now.  This was year she decided to do it.  She was so excited,  every now and then I would get a call from her or she would pull me aside to let me know she had "Booked the hotel!!!" or "Bought the tickets!!!".  I wasn't sure who was more excited Grandma Barker or the kids. The whole trip was going to be a big early Christmas present surprise and it just killed her to keep that secret from them, but some how she managed to. 
     The first week of December she invited us all over for dinner and gave the kids their early Christmas presents. They each got a bag filled with all things Disney... snacks, new pajamas, coloring books, a fun new outfit and best of all their Disneyland tickets.  It was so cute.  Jeremy and I had their bags already packed and they got to sleepover at Grandpa and Grandma's house that night.   Jeremy and I drove down to California early the next morning and then picked the kids, Em, Grandma and Rice the next day.   It was such a fun trip!  I think the kids had as much fun as  the adults did? Just kidding... I know they did.  Little Ruthy will see anything that reminds her of the trip and she will beg, "Disneyland...please?" Thanks Grandma Barker for the dream Christmas trip!
The castle looks extra beautiful and even more magical at Christmas time.
 
Our first day...













Second day....




 
Luke loved Screamin'! Unfortunately Ava was just a half inch to short to ride it, this was pretty devastating for her. So she and I rode Tower of Terror as many times as we could because that's our favorite ride!


We loved the new cars ride, but it was one of the longest waits so we only rode it a few times.










On our last day there it started to rain a little.  For some reason I love Disneyland in the rain. Maybe because the lines are shorter than normal :).
Jeremy and Ruthy loved the carousel.  Well Ruthy loved it and I think Jeremy just love how Ruthy wanted to hold hands with him every time they went on it and the fact that it was him she always wanted to ride with. It was pretty darling. So I rode behind them once to get a couple pictures. 
I think she found her prince.

 
Indiana Jones!




















Last ride of the night was Pirates of the Caribbean. Ruthy loved that ride because there are lots of "gonkeys" (donkeys) and cats and dogs in it.
Merry Christmas!!!
It was such a fun trip!  It's always so hard to leave... especially because we had to come home to freezing cold temperatures. :(

No comments: