Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Some stragglers leftover from summer...

Eating breakfast in the backyard.



 Luke and Ava posing in front of one giant pepper harvest! (Poor Luke with his broken hand.)




 The week before the kids started back to school we drove down to St. George, to do some school shopping and swimming while Jeremy and Thomi catered the BBQ dinner at Pine Valley.



 We bagged and duct taped Luke's splint so he could swim and he tried his best to keep it up out the water.  His arm reminded us all of a shark fin.



 After hours of swimming I think his arm was pretty tired because he rigged up this little contraption.


 Watching a movie with Em in the hotel room while we waited for our pizza.

 Totally "zuzausted"
 One more quick swim after dinner before the pool closed.
 In the morning we wolfed down breakfast and headed back to the pool. 

Shark fin


Karen and I finally figured out a night the cousins could have their big sleepover. They have been begging for a sleepover together all summer.  It was so much fun. Karen and  I always kick ourselves for not getting together more often. We set up the tent with a movie inside, ate pizza, and went on four wheeler rides and stayed up way to late talking.






"In thy tent" 



And then before we knew it summer break was over...
... the first day of school had come.
Luke is a big 3rd grader!
Ava started 1st grade and she loves it! (I am so relieved.) 
Her teacher is perfect for her... pretty and sweet and loves Harry Potter. Being there all day doesn't seem to phase her one bit.  Luke on the other hand had a hard time this year. There were some tears and I came to find out that having recess and eating lunch with Ava was making him homesick. A friend of mine said she was behind Luke and Ava when they were walking into school one morning. She told me how sweet it was to see them hug before going to their classes.  Sweet little Luke. I remember, when I was little, feeling the exact same way when I would see my sister Karen during school. It took a few weeks for him to get used to seeing Ava so much and get comfortable with his new class and friends. I am happy to see him excited to go to school again.
A pretty blazing sunset.
Elder M. Russell Ballard spoke at our Stake Conference. It was neat having a General Authority come visit. Our Stake President's wife asked if I would make eight flower arrangements for a luncheon they were having with him.  I used my garden zinnias to make them and I'm sure that's why they grew so big and beautiful this year. Thankfully no earwigs or spiders came crawling out during lunch. (I was nerves about that.) 
The week the kids started back to school we all got together for a stormy swimming party which turned into a sitting around the fireplace with hot cocoa, listening to Papa John tell jokes and stories, party.






This storm rolled in like a huge dark wave. When the thunder started cracking we decided it was time to get out of the pool.






No comments: